THE ROLE OF ENGINEERING SERVICES
- Tasks carried out
- Design, installations, commissioning and maintenance of meteorological systems and
equipment in the department.
- Design and fabrication of mechanical, electronic and electrical parts and equipment to
assist in the maintenance and installations of equipment and meteorological instruments.
- Telecommunication and network design.
The above tasks are carried out by a team of qualified engineers and technicians who
are deployed for project implementation.
- Installed Equipment
- The following systems and equipment are installed in the department to provide the
necessary services for accurate weather forecasting.
- Meteorological Data Distribution System (MDD)
- Primary Data User System (PDUS)
- High Resolution Picture Transmission (HRPT)
- Automatic Weather Stations
- Data Receiving Systems
- Automatic Message Switching System
- SSB Transceivers
- HF Radio Receiving Systems
- HF Radio Transmitting Systems
- Radio microwave links and leased lines
- Alpha-numeric teletype equipment
- Meteorological Radars
- Wind-finding radars
- Facsimile receivers
- Facsimile transmitters